well, were seven weeks into this mom thing - and it doesnt take much to make crue happy so far! of course his favorite thing is to nurse, but other than that - we've figured out some pretty good things :)
1. swaddle swaddle swaddle. the tighter the better. my boy loves being a burrito. id feel safe to bet $1000 thats its his favorite thing in the entire world.
2. people rave about these a+a blankets. isaiah couldnt justify the price on them - until he felt the bamboo set. so of course thats what we have. their perfect for our summer beeb. i wont even go on about how soft they are. crue loves to snuggle them. rub them on his cheek? he swoons.
3. the groegg! i REALLY wanted this, but it took forever to find! i need to sleep in the cold. when i was pregnant, i often wondered what i would do with the temperature i like vs the temperature my baby would need it to be. this changes colors based on the temp so when i wake up in the middle of the night i can just peak over and ease my mind.
4. mamaroo. the first thing isaiah ever fell in love with and probably our first purchase late last year. crue first slept through the night in his mamaroo. that night alone made it worth the money!
5. our glider and ottoman. because no nursery is complete until you have a comfortable chair. i often spend time rocking with crue as we nurse or read books - and its probably my favorite time of our day. it definitely saved me on our roughest night when it was 4am and crue still hadn't fallen asleep.
6. sleep pillow noise app for iPhone - nothing calms crue down quicker than blasting the loud white noise static, and nothing keeps him happy longer than the rain sound. forget the sleep sheep. it is just far too quiet, and the timer is annoying. if he happens to get in a major tizzy - we dont really get frantic ourselves because we always have our phones on us to use as a last resort. i swear it replicates the sounds from my womb the best (because i remember what thats like right?!)... since this boy was waaay overdue and STILL didnt want to come out - he seems to enjoy anything that semi resembles being inside mah belly.
7. infantino tummy time mat - not in love with tummy time. however, the mirror and the colors?! oh sure sure! he rather roll over. but even when he does that there are some fun toys and an elephant to look at.
8. swing - we realized that crue is a big fan of the 5 S's from happiest baby on the block. before we even left the hospital, they worked like a charm. one of the things that crue would fall asleep too was resting on our knees going side to side in the windshield wiper motion. after not taking more than 5 day time naps in 7 weeks, we just bought this swing and he loves it. he doesnt always take a nap in it - but he stays content the longest time period when hes in here, allowing mama to make herself a quick lunch. winning! (the mamaroo is in our bedroom, so even though he loves that, im not dragging it all over the house. so we keep this swing is in our living room!)
9. hands free bra - life saver. iiii love this. i must admit though, it is a pain to have to fully switch bra's. i do must of my pumping in the middle of the night because i cant seem to get the chance during the day and switching bra's is just NOT happening. when i do get a chance to really sit down and pump, this really helps me out. i wish i had came across this one first - but i didnt. and now i cant justify spending $100+ on two bra's. even if it would make my life a little easier. perhaps later... baby #2 anyone?!
10. milky - MY FAVORITE. i insert it in my bra when i nurse crue, and it catches all the milk that i leak :) we all know that breast milk is equal to gold.
we also cant forget that crue loves walks in the stroller, showers with daddy, and baths with mommy :) we've got a great baby on our hands. and i am so thankful!
the one product i've found to be useless? a boppy, the mombo, brest friend... whatever you prefer. mine is always sitting downstairs on our couch but it just annoys me. it was one of the last purchases we made and i wish we hadnt. perhaps its because i never started out using it due to the c-section? it really irritated my incision and just seemed to cause more discomfort than help. 99% of the time i just use a regular couch pillow to prop crue on. works fair enough.