doctors appointment: nothing that we were suppose to have, but we did end up in the doctors office since it is the season of germs around here. last month we were in for crue, this month we were in for lakely. poor girl had lost her voice and let out the most miserable cry. her first cold attacked her hard. but we were just told to wait it out. our house has been in a season of vicks, the nose frida, hot baths and the vaporizer for far too long now!
height: no measure.
weight: 16lbs even with all clothes, diaper and shoes on. when we went in just prior for crue, it was 15lb 13oz with all clothes on. i can't wait for her 9 month appointment just to see if this new doctors office we go to now will ever weigh her in just a diaper!
head: no measure.
diapers: honest size 2
clothes: 90% 0-3 and 10% 3-6, were slowly making the switch just when i find something in 0-3 that she's never worn and decide to try it on her, to find out that it still fits!
eating/drinking: she will never turn down food. she will start to grunt if she sees anyone else eating. if its me eating, she quickly escalates - starts to yell and cry because she wants to eat too. she's salty if anyone is eating but not feeding her.
so far she's been making a face at strawberries but has tried and swallowed everything she's been given. just the other day we were at chipotle, watching her eat up all the beans as crue refused every single attempt. we were wondering when that switch happened. when did crue go from loving everything to eating almost nothing?!
lakely is definitely our good eater, and i hope it stays that way!
she's also still nursing through out the day and night. i can't believe we've made it 8 months!
napping/sleeping: she could sleep forever in the mornings. i am guessing this is because she is up every 2 hours at night. she may be my good eater, but she is my poor sleeper! most mornings, i can count on her napping for about two hours whether thats 9-11am or 10-12pm. if she skips that nat, she becomes an absolute bear because i try to keep her up until 2pm when crue goes down. its always a dream when i can get them to nap together in the afternoons! most evenings around 8pm she takes a cat nap on mommy or daddy. serious cat nap. maybe 20 minutes. and goes down around 10pm. we have tried so many times to get that 8pm cat nap to be her bedtime but we can't seem to figure that one out! its been fail after fail.
loves: eating, bath time, following her brother (specifically when he chases her, and she always finds it amusing when he is crying LOL), snuggles, co-sleeping and being tickled by daddys beard.
hates: sleep, dirty diapers, watching other people eat if she's not also eating
- she has grown up so much in the last 1.5 weeks since turning 8 months old! she went from 1 tooth to 3 teeth in the last week! the first two have completely popped through on the bottom and her third is just starting to show up. makes quite the event for nursing her now. oye!
- i have two mobile kids! she began to crawl like an inch room going in circles, then a few feet and now she's fully getting the hang of it! she can get anywhere she wants but not after crying first to see if anyone will come and save her. this is the month that crue began to walk, so i've enjoyed her not being *as* ambitious. its a whole new ball game now with both of them moving!
- she claps, but doesn't get proud of herself & does it slowly with full concentration!
- drinks from a straw like its her job
- isaiah and i got to go to the gala for his company, so my mom babysat the kids for a bit! and got to see that lakely is indeed, a bad sleeper and quick cat napper ;) this weekend is valentines day so she will babysit again as we go out to dinner. it is SO nice having her here! crue was never babysat by anyone for the longest time... and with two kids, i am just so thankful i can trust my mama to help.
- were summer shopping for cruise clothes! i love summer outfits and we didn't get to wear a lot of her 0-3 because she was such a peanut the summer she was born. i am stoked to experience a cruise with both babes! crue was 7 months when we took him, lakely will be 9 months but because she's a little slower than he is at moving around i think it'll be a similar experience with crawling etc. except she's not as easy going and now crue is on the move 110%! it'll be a fun family trip though :)
- we found a new church and put lakely in the nursery after i nursed her. she apparently did so well, and was so loved! i think we will make this a weekly habit for everyone, and that feels good for routine.
- she's stopped giving us those gummy smiles, and now will just flash us a smirk. we can spend 30 minutes doing the craziest things and girlfriend won't crack a smile. stubborn! unfortunately, probably got that from me. ha ha. her facial expressions are interesting to say the least.
- working on waving and giving kisses
- says "MUM MUM MUM" and "da-da"
- *edited* 2/16/16 started crawling on all fours with her knees and doesn't do the inch worm anymore!
- *edited* between writing this and publishing this, she learned to get off her tummy when crawling and push herself up into sitting. yay!
she really is growing up too fast, and though she's been a harder baby - i do not want to rush these moments. i am so excited for all the fun that is to come while missing my tiny newborn sassy girl!